I had an enjoyable session and although it was lightish, it was still relatively tiring, because I played a full game of tag rugby after it and there were no subs! Here is what I did on Thursday:
Glute, hip and core pre-hab and bar work.
1. Power + Squat Snatch: Work up to 80 for 2 x sets of 2 and 1x2@85
2. Snatch Pull: Work up to 105 for 1 x set of 2
3. Cleans: Work up to 105 for 1 x set of 2
4. Front Squat: Work up to 135 for 1 x 2
5. Press: Work up to 1 top set of 3 reps of 75
I focused on going heavier in the Snatch because Tommy Hayden was there and he agreed to have a look at my technique. He is a great man for focusing on the basics. I need to work on extending fully and simply having a faster second pull.
On Friday I did the following:
Only bar work and Overhead Squats to warm up--I was short in time.
1. Snatch: Work up to 90 for 2 sets of 2 and 95 for a single. These were all pretty solid and they were technically fine but a little slow. Tommy was saying I still need to extend more and faster also.
2. Power Clean: Work up to 100 for 1 x set of 3--Light but I went heavier on the Snatch than intended and I left all the other movements very light because this is not supposed to be a particularly hard week.
3. Clean Pulls: Work up to 120 for 1 sets of 2
4. Back Squats: Work up to 120 for 1 x set of 5 reps--This was still tiring even though it was not heavy. I will be glad to see the back of 5 rep squats.
So that is the wrap up of my training week. Here is a video of Sami cleaning 115kg. This is a 5 kg pb for him. He had never cleaned over 110 before this and this was his fifth session of the week and last week he did ten sessions. He had also squatted a few sets for five reps around an hour and a half before this lift. Do you think there is more there?