I woke up on Thursday morning and everywhere was sore. Right now, my legs feel like I could peel them off and throw them away, but that is for tomorrow's post. As usual, it was four main movements and squat to maximum. Here is what I did:
A 15 minute warm up with bar work, glute and core activation pre-hab and partner stretches.
1. Power + Squat Snatch: Work up to 85kg for 4 x sets of 2--My Snatch was not in the groove and although I got these ok, it was frustrating. I know fatigue hits the fine motor skills first, but it is still annoying. This was still 3kg better than last time though.
2. Snatch Pull: Work up to 110kg for 3 x sets of 2--These were great and fast. I am getting better at this exercise.
1 hour break
3. Cleans: Work up to 128kg for 3 x sets of 2--There is a video of my second set below. This was a 15kg jump from last time and I was happy with them. I focused on speed and an upright trunk in the catch.
4. Front Squat: Work up to 150kg for 3 x 2--These were very tiring, but I was really happy to get them. I had gotten a double of 150 twice before but that was when I was fresh and it was only one set.
5. Press: Work up to one set of five reps of 70 and two sets of 5 with 75kg. This was better than I have ever done before also, and I had the eyes glazed over look and feel about me in between sets.
A great day's lifting that was followed by a 15 minute swim in the sea at the 40 foot in Sandycove and believe it or not, I had to play a full game of tag rugby half an hour after the swim with my shorts still wet. Not the ideal cooldown, but at leat I did not pull a muscle. The numbers keep going up despite the fact that we are training harder than we ever have before. Myself and Sami were squatting to max everyday and they still go up as do our other numbers. Wayne Healy helped us out in our first session nd he said this was our nervous system really kicking into gear. Thank god for that because it is Friday night and my legs feel like they have been trampled by an enraged group of rioting prisoners after today's two sessions that were the hardest so far. Very satisfied the week is over and I really enjoyed it, but I will write about it tomorrow.