I was supposed to be away for five days, but things did not pan out as expected. I feel like a different person after four days off training and I have finished working in the Summer Camp that I did for two weeks--which was actually far more tiring than I expected!
This morning I did an enjoyable primer session and here was the plan:
A warm up with some bar work and a medicine ball.
1. 1 Hang Power Snatch + 1 Hang Squat Snatch--I worked up to a nice and easy double with 80, which felt fast and locked in.
2. Good morning to press behind neck--1x5 @ 40, 50, 60
3. Clean Grip RDL--My back lock gave out on me the previous day so I performed these to activate and wake up my lower and mid back. 1x5@70, 80, 90
I finished off the first session with some partner flexibility.
1. Snatch doubles—I worked up to an easy double with 80 and then my form deserted me with 90, and I struggled to Snatch it even though this is an easy Power Snatch. I left it there but in hindsight I should have reverted to Hang Snatches. Lesson learned.
2. Snatch Pulls—I worked up to a double with 110 and these also did not feel right so I left them.
3. Same story with the Cleans. It felt like I was re-learning the movement. Can five days off have this much of an effect?
4. Front Squat—I needed to salvage the session and I felt like my strength was ok, if not my co-ordination. I worked up to a double with 110 and then did singles with 120, 130, 140, 150, 160 for a pb and 165 for a second pb. These felt good and i am glad something came of this strange workout.
Here is a video of Sami, who got pb’s today in his Power Clean + Squat Clean double—112kg, his Snatch double—87.5kg and his Back Squat double and single with 155kg. I think it is safe to say he has more in him and that Harry’s masterplan is working. My Front Squats are also included. Any constructive criticism is welcome as always.