Saturday 23 May 2009

Saturday's slog

Today was one of those sessions you have to just get through. I had an ART session this morning down in Port Lois and I got back into town for around 1 or so. I made sure I ate well beforehand and it took two and a bit hours to get through. Here is what I did:

Regular warm up with Clean and Jerks up to 70 and Snatch Pulls up to 60 with some bar work and dynamic flexibility.

1 Power Snatch+1 Squat Snatch--1x2@60, 60, 70, 85, 80, 82 for four doubles. I focused on getting full extension in these. They were tough because I am about as fresh as a crusty two day old Supervalue jam doughnut.

Snatch Pulls--1x2@90, 95, 100, 105, 110 for four doubles. My back was not as locked as normal, but these were ok.

Cleans--1x2@80, 80, 90, 100, 113 for four doubles. I missed the second clean in the first set due to a brief episode of flacid phallus syndrome. These got better because I got a better back lock and my feet went out.

Front Squat--1x3@60, 90, 110, 125, 138 for three sets--I got the first triple, but on the second set I only got a double in the second set because I was lazy at the bottom of the squat and did not get the bounce. The third set was the hardest, but the best quality.

Press--3x5@70--I got all three sets this time and next time I will add a fourth set.

I had a short stretch afterwards. I was wrecked after this session, but these are the tough ones that count I suppose. Because of work I was only able to train four times this week, instead of the planned five sessions. Next week is only three sessions and is a bit of a taper week with the June training camp coming up the following week. Here is a video of Chigishev and Klokov training and there are some fantastic lifts here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment