Saturday 9 May 2009

Saturday's Suleymanoglu inspiration

I had a fun day today. I had an early ART appointment down in Portlaoise which made a mockery of my rectus abdominus, glute meds, and psoas muscles, so I knew I would not be that fresh for today's session. I wanted to have a fun session and that I did. It was relatively short and snappy.

I did a light warm up with the bar and 40 kg and went straight into the Snatch to see how it felt. My technique felt very smooth and the bar was close. I Snatched up to 93 and I missed 98. It felt very heavy and I knew I was not up to it today so I left it at that. I might just be learning.... But I doubt it. Maybe I just left it there because Harry was there.

I then Clean and Jerked up to 115 and 120 felt very heavy despite the fact that it is a pretty mellow Power Clean weight when I am fresh. Again, I did not even try and lift it.

I have not done any one arm Snatches in well over a year, so I tried a few of them again. I could only get up to 55 with each hand. 60 was beyond me. Hugh must be feeling smug right now. I enjoyed them regardless and then I went onto Front Squats. I worked up to a double at 150. I tried a triple, but I could not manage the last rep. The video of my squats is below so feel free to criticize.



On a different note, here is a master lifting in arguably the best weightlifting performance of all time. The slow motion replays are fantastic also.



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Niam was in Dublin as an ambassador for the 2003 special olympics. He visited the powerlifting event in the RDS. Trevor

Post a Comment